Friday, February 9, 2018

Green Bay Radio: Talk Host Jerry Bader OUT At WTAQ

Jerry Bader
Talk show host Jerry Bader was let go by Midwest Communications on Thursday. Bader said in a email it was because of his coverage of President Donald Trump, reports The Press-Gazette.

Bader's show was broadcast on WTAQ 1360 AM / 97.5 FM in Green Bay. The station also carries conservative hosts Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity, none of whom are as critical of Trump as Bader sometimes was.

Bader recently changed the tagline of his program from "Close captioned for the reality impared" to "Truth over tribe."

"Following my show today, management at Midwest Communications informed me that I was being let go. It was made clear to me that the reason was the manner in which I covered President Trump," Bader said in his email.

"I have always tried to tell what I believed is the truth and more recently to comport my behavior, on and off the air, with my Christ-following faith, after I was saved in 2016. I've always known it was MWC's microphone that I used each day. I have no regrets on how I've handled the show the past two and a half years."

WTAQ in a press release Thursday said Bader was no longer with the station, but provided no explanation for the departure. By Thursday afternoon, Bader's presence had been mostly removed from WTAQ's website.

"We wish Jerry nothing but continued success with his career at MediaTrackers.org and we are thankful for his years of service to the Northeast Wisconsin community and other in our state," operations manager Jason Hillery said in the release.

No comments:

Post a Comment